Friday, April 15, 2011

Sketch Covers

I've just started getting into doing sketches on these blank comic book covers. So far I'm digging it, but it really depends on the quality of the paper stock. I learned that not all blank sketch covers are created equal. I loved the Avengers and X-Men stock but that Wolverine was a bear (can a wolverine be a bear?) to work with. It would not take markers nicely and when I tired to erase pencil marks it took ink along with it. Anyway, I hope to keep doing these and I hope you like them. The Black Widow was a private commission but the others are for a sale. Drop me a line if you're interested.

3 comments:

JE Smith said...

These are great, Cal. Love the Black Widow especially.

Anonymous said...

You can buy blank covers and do your own art ?
Where do you buy them ?

Anonymous said...

Yes you can. Comic book stores, online, eBay.