Saturday, March 05, 2011

Lost Grooves Cover

Here is a cover I just finished for writer Chad Lambert. The book is a collection of some of his previously published short stories, including one I illustrated back in 2008 called "Kissed by a Muse". This was a lot of fun to work on. He told me he wanted a cute girl listening to old records and tapes and let me go from there. I also designed the logo.

If you're curious about what albums and tapes I put on the cover. Here's a close-up and the list.


Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
The Specials - The Specials
Elvis Costello - My Aim is True
Iron Maiden - Piece of MInd
LL Cool J - Radio
The Cult - Electric
Prince - Purple Rain
KISS - Love Gun
Run DMC - Run DMC
Eric B. and Rakim - Paid in Full
Public Enemy - Yo! Bum Rush the Show
3rd Bass - The Cactus Album
The Clash - London Calling

3 comments:

LUD! said...

Rockin'!
The lava lamp is always a fine touch to such vintage efforts...

Lud

eric said...

This cover is amazing... nice work. Wads of wax and tapes, and a sexy lady, cant go wrong...

Cal Slayton said...

Thanks! It was a fun one to work on.