Monday, March 07, 2011

Gillian's Heart

Here are some pages I did back in 2008 that never got published, or technically, are still waiting to be published. I never posted them because I kept thinking the project would come through one day. But, when I found them all on the writer's website (including the first two pages the colorist worked on), I thought I might as well post them too. It's called Gillian's Heart: Diamonds Are a West African Warlord’s Best Friend. It was supposed to go in an anthology called Less Than Three (get it?), and maybe it will someday, but I'm not banking on it.

It was a fun story to work on, but looking back at it almost three years later, there is a lot I would do differently. My art is a bit clunky in places, and I think (I hope) I've improved since then. Anyway, here it is. Catch the cameo of my (always lovely) wife and I in the first panel on the bridge way in the background (you can't really tell it's us). It's a nod to the bridge I proposed to her on in Central Park.

No comments: