Sunday, November 12, 2006

Photos from the Live Art Show (Wizard World Texas)

I had great time at the Live Art Show on Saturday night. Met a lot of cool people, got to do some drawings for charity and got to see amazing work by follow artists. I got to work with Brock Rizy and Benjamin Hall, both of which I've hung out with before but for only a sort amount of time. So it was cool to spend some time with them. Tom Kurzanski was there, I met him for the first time. Very funny dude, great artist. Also Kristian Donaldson, who is an amazing artist, I wish could've talked with him more.

We had a lot of artists show up asking if they could contribute, so we let them jump in, including Kody Chamberlain and Cheeks, it was nice to talk with him, great guy. A lot of nice pieces were created and a lot money was raised for Heroes 4 Heroes, a new charity that gives comics and other media to troops over seas. Here are a bunch of photos from the show...

A solo piece by me...


My other solo piece...


A piece by Ben, Brock and me...


A piece by Tom, Brock and me...


Tom, Brock, Ben and Me with a group piece. My portion of it stunk...


Cheeks working on one...


Ben at the boards...


Tom starting one...


A three shots of the crowd...




3 comments:

Aron said...

Cool! I wish I had known about the art show. Would have loved to have gone. Curious, it wasn't in the program. How does a con-goer find out about it?

You can see my notes and pix from WWTX on my blog at http://www.evilbastard.net/bastardblog/

Thanks,

Aron Head
www.EvilBastard.net

Cal Slayton said...

It wasn't part of WW, it was just something that was done in conjunction with the show and Fan Boy Radio. They passed out fliers, promoted it online (see my post below) and put fliers on the freebie tables as well.

James said...

It was a great time and great art!
Good to see you there!