Saturday, November 18, 2006

Low Cut Jeans, an Illustrator Time Trial

I wanted to see how fast I could take a sketch and turn it into a finished Illustrator piece. Not a super-detailed one, but a simple stylized image. I've had this sketch laying around for a while, so I thought I'd try it. This ia a 50 minute one. It was kinda fun to see how fast I could do it and it still be happy with the outcome. As you can see, the background wasn't part of the original sketch, I just threw it in. Not the best image I've ever done, but I like it. Hope you do too.

2 comments:

Lud Hughes said...

Cal,
As always--great work! I finally upgraded to Illustrator CS2, and started using the redesigned Live Trace feature, and after a bit of trial and error, I'm really liking the results. I know it's not the same as the way you redraw your sketches, but it's always been my favorite way of doing vector art.
Always looking forward to your next piece,
Lud

topcad said...

In the words of Joey Tribiani, "How you doin'?"