Friday, August 25, 2006

Back in the Day (or The Rare Art of Cal Slayton)

This should be good for a laugh or two. I'm a bit of a pack rat when it comes to drawings, I have years and years of them. And the majority of them are pretty bad when I look back on them. I mean, I'm fairly happy with the stuff I'm producing these days, but I sincerely hope I look back at these new pieces and cringe.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a handful of drawings I did years ago as a crazy kid with a crayon. I think they all fall between the ages of maybe 5 or 6 to 11. Man, it brought back some memories going through these old things. Hope you have at least half the giggle I did.








5 comments:

David said...

Love it. This made my day.

Benjamin Hall said...

"Thanks for fixing my car"

"That's all right."

Genius!

These are great. :)

Owen said...

I love the way that muscle-bound Dr. McCoy is leaning nonchanlantly on the Captain's chair. Also, that's a remarkable likeness of Chekhov!

Todd Kauffman said...

holy crap

Mike Exner III said...

Ha! I have so much stuff like this sitting in boxes scattered around my apartment. Unfortunately, my skills didn't really develop all that much. Now... I write.